Friday, January 6, 2012

Project Life

As 2011 came to a close, I thought a lot about our Project Life album and what it means to us. Cameron, surprisingly, has taken an interest in our scrapbooks lately and really likes looking through them. It is hilarious to listen to his comments on the pages. Overall, I feel like our album really gives a great glimpse at our life in 2011. Someone asked me if I took out pictures and information from earlier in the year, before I was divorced. I laughed and said no. That was our life then, our life changed, and this is our life now. Although I would love to forget some things, we had a lot of good times while we were together as a family and I feel like that is really important for Cameron to know. I am trying harder to take away what was good, and forget the bad.

Week 1 in progress. And a few photos I need to finish up our 2011 book with.

Going into 2012 there are things I will be doing just the same and there will be things I want to do differently. I want to the journaling cards differently. I want to be able to see them all better, rather than having to flip through them each time. I want to use the day and number stickers more. I loved using the arrow stickers and will continue to use those. I love how customized some people make the albums, but realistically, it's not something I will make time to do and I need to accept that. I'm still working on our cover page - it definitely needs some more personalization. The Instax camera I received as a gift for Christmas is going to be invaluable. I am using the heck out of that thing already. However, I really do need to make an effort to get Daphne out more. Love those DSLR photos. :)

Really loving my Instax.

I feel really accomplished, having finished our 2011 album. Obviously, there are many photos I want to make pages with, but I'm getting so much recorded. I am hoping to post our layouts weekly on here, but I'm not making any promises. :)

If you want to see some photos of the beginning of our 2011 Project Life you can do so here.

6 comments:

  1. I am just so impressed that you even have TIME to work on something like this! It will definitely be a treasure when Cam is older!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto! I can barely keep up with a couple pages a month - much less attempt PL. These are definitely something to treasure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember when you started it! I'm so impressed you kept to it! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe how big he's getting. The 2011 album will be a treasure for him someday. Kudos for you to doing and finishing it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. great work on finishing the 2011 project life! I have completed 2 years of a general 365 project, however this is my first year with project life. I think one great thing is that you can customize it only as much as you have time for, even if it varies week to week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking at your project life is making me want to start making weekly layouts, which wasn't my intntion , originally. I was just planning to use it to make some quicker scrapbook pages.
    Good to see you doing some blogging.

    ReplyDelete