Friday, October 5, 2012

Managing My Life: Days 2-5

I am a little behind on posts for a 30 day challenge right now since I started late, but that's ok. I decided to choose the same topic as Liz and learn how to better manage my life.

One of the big things that eats at me on a daily basis is money. I hate money. Since we moved into our apartment last year, I've accrued, ahem, "some" debt. One of my goals is to get that paid off before I graduate college in a few years.

Yesterday my change was owning that amount I owe. I figured it up and it was scary. It was a higher number than what I thought. I just keep reminding myself that I can do this. I've already cut up most of my credit cards (I have quite a few store accounts... And yes I know that doesn't make it any better).

I signed up for Mint.com and was shocked at where my money was going. I knew I needed to make a drastic change.

For the next 30 days, I'm not only going to learn how to manage my life, but I'm not going to spend a dime on anything extra. Clothes, nail polish, scrapbook supplies, not a darn thing!

I would like to keep track of everything I want to buy somewhere, but I don't want to get too crazy or make this too complicated. It's going to be hard enough for me not to buy anything. :)

Another thing I am considering doing is buying a weekly planner. I use my iPhone calendar quite a bit but I think the process of actually writing down what needs to be done each day might be good for me.

Change is in the air around here. Let's just hope I keep to it and don't run away out of fear. :)

1 comment:

  1. I am awful at managing money. Really, really awful. You aren't alone, and I know that you can do this!

    ReplyDelete