Saturday, January 26, 2013

A New Normal

Packing. #moving #bittersweet

Last week I (with the help of my awesome boyfriend) packed up all of our earthly belongings and moved to his house in the country.  

I really really enjoy having all of my stuff in one place. I had been traveling between my place and my boyfriend's for quite a while. I was losing stuff, I never knew where anything was. It was getting frustrating.

He suggested we move in together a while back. I didn't give an answer at first, but eventually, after a lot of thought, I agreed. A lot of my concerns were about Cameron, and how it would be for him. The apartment has been our only other home since my divorce. I feel at home here at the house though, and I knew Cam could too. He loved coming over here, and he adores J. Turns out, Cam has been quite okay with the move.

The first night we had all the kids here had some rough patches, but it was so nice to have everyone in one house. After we put the kids to bed, I had this overwhelming feeling that I had done the right thing. I know in my heart this is where we are supposed to be.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like it was a good decision! Glad Cameron is adjusting well. Dylan took our move better than I expected too. It really does make the transition easier on us parents. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO so glad! Love the new look on the blog too, and was SO happy to see your post! :) (even though I am a FEW days behind!)

    ReplyDelete