Friday, January 11, 2013

One Little Word 2013

2007 - Go
2008 - Evolve
2009 - Joy
2010 - Focus
2011 - Faith
2012 - Mindful

This will be the sixth year I will have chosen a word for my year. In 2012, I wasn't always mindful, but I did achieve some major personal goals. I paid off two credit cards - they are still paid off! A step in the right direction for me financially. Also, I started a Scentsy business. Another financial step that is in the baby stages of paying off. I reached my first goal of becoming a shooting star consultant (selling $500 of product in 14 days), and then my second goal of becoming a Certified Consultant, in the second month of my business. I started running in February, and I not only ran a 5k, but I ran a 6k a few months before it! I struggled with school for most of the year until this past term. My focus just was not there, but this past term I got an A in the class I took.

I am so proud of myself for being mindful to what I committed to do this year. This was such a hard year for me personally. I could've easily given up on anything, but I didn't. I have grown so much this year, and I am really proud of myself.

Now that I've patted myself on the back... ;) I've decided my word for 2013 will be LIGHT.

This word had been coming up a bit as of late. It is the tag line of a very new favorite blog, and I would read it randomly. It hit me that this was my word when I received an email from a coworker with the subject of "Be A Light", and with the simple message of "Thank you for being a light in my life." I had no inkling that I was a light in her life. It made me realize I could be a light. It made me realize I could be a better light.

I am excited to see where this word takes me. I am going to be in Ali Edwards' One Little Word class again this year. Last year I didn't participate. Excited that it's renewed this year and there are new projects.

Here's to the year of LIGHT.

2 comments: