Friday, May 6, 2011

A New Chapter



Cameron and I are starting a new chapter in our lives and I wanted to document it somewhere. It has become really hard for me to do anything (namely work on my project life) except go to work, figure out dinner and do some house work before I go to bed and do it all over again.

Since I have started working a lot of changes have taken place in our household. A new job, a new car, new friends, etc. Most of the time, I am able to keep myself together. I've actually felt very confident and peaceful throughout this period.

There is no easy way to tell people about the new change I am going through though. There is no easy way to tell your family and friends you are getting a divorce. (It could be part of the reason why I'm not into my project life scrapbook right now.) I am accepting that it is all part of God's plan for my life though. I have had a few 'moments', but I've been okay with it for the most part. I've known it was coming for quite a while.

I am doing really well at my new job and have been told so by the people I've worked closely with for the past month. I really love where I work and it feels so nice to be appreciated in the workplace and have normal work hours without being called in constantly. It's something I haven't experienced in a long time.

I'm enrolled in classes to finish my degree and am beyond excited to hopefully have my Bachelor's degree in a few years.

Yes, this new chapter will be hard but it will be so worth it. At the end of the day I remind myself why I'm doing it and I don't even question myself for a second:

Good grief I love him.

I am having faith.

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are doing really well girl. I'm very proud of you for getting back in school! Always here for you. Love & Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Laura I'm really sorry for all you're going thru but it sounds like you are handling things well. Good for you for going back to school. I'm here for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, I did not expect this. I'm so sorry :( it sounds like you guys are doing well. Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of hugs from me too. Very proud of you, your stronger than you know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ((HUGS)) You are a strong woman & mother. Will be keeping you all in my prayers as you follow this new path.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm just now catching up on your posts, and I have to say that I LOVE your design. It's so cute!

    I've been praying for & thinking of you & Cam a lot since I found out the news. It sounds like you're handling it well, but I wish I was still there to help out more - even if it's just taking your mind off of things for a while. You can always text me when you're having a moment. =)

    & YAY! Congratulations on working towards you degree! You have a lot on your plate, but that's good. You can handle it.

    ReplyDelete