Saturday, July 30, 2016

July #ipsy Bag Review


It's that time again (already!) for my #ipsy Glam Bag review for July. I've spent the past few weeks using these products and I'm ready to let you know what I think (a hit or a miss?!) and if I would re-purchase.

#1 Too Faced Hangover Primer - Miss!
Not a huge fan of this one. It claims that it moisturizes, but it didn't moisturize for me. Actually, it didn't really feel like a primer to me either. It has good reviews online so I'm super confused about why it didn't work for me. The formula is thinner so maybe that's why? I don't know. Disappointed because I love Too Faced.

#2 Revlon Travel Brush - Hit!
I love this little brush! It really picks up powder and blush. It is amazing!! I put it in my work makeup kit since it's so small. I kinda wish I had another!!

#3 ModelCo Powerlash - Hit!
I really like this little mascara! It really defines my lashes and makes them look a bit fuller also. This was a win for me this month! And now I have 3 mascaras open. Ooops....

#4 Mr. Write Now Liner in Jac - Miss!
Not a fan! I don't like these types of eyeliners anyway because I'm terrible at using them. I'm guessing it is a personal issue (lol), but I am always breaking them even when I try to be gentle. Also, I never feel like they are opaque enough. I feel like you can always see through them. Regardless, this one did not work for me AT ALL. After I spent five minutes wrestling the plastic off of it and attempted to use it, it broke off multiple times. Also not a fan of this color. I was really hoping for the dark purple. Regardless, I don't think I would have liked it anyway!!

#5 Palmetto Antioxidant Face Mask - Meh!
I like this mask and my face did feel cleaner afterward, but I personally didn't feel like my face felt super different afterward. I didn't leave it on for a long time because there were a lot of warnings that there could be a reaction. Maybe I'll leave it on a bit longer next time, but I've liked some of my others masks better. I also didn't care for the scent. Nice to try, but I definitely won't be repurchasing.

What did you get in your #ipsy bag this month?! If you aren't a member and want to check it out, please feel free to use this link. (Disclaimer: It is my referral link and I will get points from it if you use it. :-)

1 comment:

  1. Love the honesty of your review! I'm the worst at eyeliner and just avoid in general. That little bag is so cute. Did it all come in that? (If a dumb question - I'm clearly not in the know on ipsy! LOL)

    ReplyDelete