Saturday, January 3, 2015

New Year, New Goals


As I sit and think of my word for this year (choose), I have been reflecting on 2014 as a year. Man... it wasn't easy. I definitely had to choose to ignore that pile of dirty dishes, and to ignore those toys all over my living room sometimes. There was a lot of change in our household, and many times it felt very out of control and chaotic. I'm hoping this year is a year of settling in. I've already resolved to be home more and be less busy. I won't be doing vendor shows much this year and I'm okay with that. It's time to step back and approach my businesses differently. I want to fully enjoy being a college graduate and not having to worry about homework and due dates. I'm looking forward to having more time to read, scrapbook, and just relax with my family.

Looking back on my goals for 2014... I didn't do so well. Honestly, sometimes I felt like I was lucky just to be making it through the year. (I did run 3 out of 4 of the 5K's I wanted to though.) I hope 2015 isn't like that. 

2015 is bringing a lot of exciting things... I'm going to Las Vegas for the first time in July for the Scentsy Family Reunion. I cannot wait! I've never been to Vegas before and am excited to experience it and explore, even if it means facing my fear of flying! Also in 2015, I'm getting MARRIED! I'm so thrilled. Everything about this relationship and wedding feels right. It's slowly coming together and I couldn't be more excited. I want to try to share some of my planning here, but we'll see because I don't want to give away too much. For our honeymoon we are visiting Florida, and I'm really excited for that because I haven't been there in 20 years. Literally. So that will be fun, as well!

I have no big ambitions for 2015, but there are a few things I want to do:
  • Post 52 times on this blog this year. That's only a post a week! Hopefully this will lead me to regular writing again.
  • Finish my Project Life for 2013. (There are still some blank spots and pages.)
  • Finish my Project Life for 2014. There are more than several weeks that need to be done.
  • Finish my Me: The Abridged Version book. I started the project, but still need to do most of it. The holidays and life got in the way.
  • Start my 2015 Project Life. (I need to figure out which kit I want to use!)
  • Read one book a month. That's only 12 books. It's doable.
  Every time I check something off my list, I'll try to remember to report on it here. :)

2 comments:

  1. Glad I'm not the only behind on scrapbooks. I have missing pages in all of Dylan's. My goal this year is to at least complete 2 of the albums (or call them done so I can move on!). Sounds like 2015 is going to be a very fun & exciting year for you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gave up scrapbooking after college. I just couldn't do it! 2015 looks to be AWESOME for you!

    ReplyDelete